Williamsport has been around for quite a while; its post office opened in 1829. It also has other historic buildings, such as a Presbyterian church dating to 1889, the “Tower House” from 1854, and a 1907 courthouse. The town is situated on the Wabash River and is close to the beautiful Williamsport Falls, a 90-foot high waterfall.
Monterey’s first building was the post office, which was built in 1851. Besides the post office, the town is home to an Erie Railroad depot, which is still in existence today, although it is not in use. However, the old building is charmingly historic and is reminiscent of an era long gone. There are only about 200 people in the town and it is a calm and quiet place to live.
Fun fact: there are only five places in the United States with “Shamrock” in the name, and Shamrock Lakes is one of them. The town is named after six man-made lakes that were created as watering holes for cattle. There are about 250 people in the town today, and the town is a nice, stable little town with lovely brick buildings and lake views everywhere.
Merom’s most beautiful building is the historic Union Christian College, an architecturally artistic brick building with white trim and plenty of large trees on its lawn. The town was founded around 200 years ago, and it many older building lend a certain ageless charm to the environs. One of Mirom’s biggest commercial ventures is a local summer camp.
Bridgeton is named for its lovely covered bridge, which is a reconstruction of the original historic bridge. The most notable part of this beautiful town is its historic district, including 19th and early 20th century buildings.